Tuesday 13 August 2013

ARHAR DAL(PIGEON PEAS) PULAO

                   How are you all?
Today I am going to start writing about my favourite recipes which I am learning from my school days,
I am passionate lover of good  food.I have made this pulao some weeks ago.Between all dals(pulses) I like Arhar(pigeon pea) most. Pigeon pea also known as Gandule bean, Cajanas cajan, toor dal in India. We Indian people mostly use split pigeon peas which is known as toor dal and it is rich source of vitamin, Dietary Fibers, Carbohydrates, Proteins, minerals like potassium, Zinc, sodium, Magnesium etc.,  some time people uses young pods, young pods are very tasty, They are also used in some curries. I remember that when I was a kid ,I plucked those young pods and ate them. If I will get now those raw young pods I will do the same  I have made this pulao two weeks ago, My dada(elder brother) liked it very much, so, here is the recipe.....

Ingredients-------


               1) Rice-1 cup
                2) Pigeon peas-1 cup
                3) Vegetables like potatoes, beans, cauliflower,       peas(according to your choice)-250 gms(cut into 1" pieces)
                4) Onion - 2 of medium size
                5) Bay leaves - 3-4
                6) Dried red chilies- 2
                7) Cardamoms- 4
                8) Cloves- 4
                9) Cinnamon sticks-little 2-3 small pieces
                10) Turmeric powder -1 and 1/2 teaspoons
                11) Clarified butter or Ghee -1 and 1/2 tablespoon
                12) Salt- according to your taste
                13) Coriander leaves - for garnishing
                14) Water-3 1/2 cups.


Method -


Soak rice and Arhar dal(pigeon peas) in two pots with water separately.


Put cooker over flame

 In cooker put ghee(clarified butter), add cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon in it.

Add sliced onion, fry it till golden brown, now add all the vegetables in it

put salt, turmeric into this mixture,saute it

now its time to add dal(pulse), fry dal with all vegetables a little

Add rice and 3 -1/2 cups of water in it, mix all the ingredients very well, cover it.

 Heat it upto two whistles, open it, take out in a plate

 now garnish it with coriander leaves.

ready to serve


  








                 

0 comments:

FOODIES   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP